How to fold towels for any shelf size: A guide
Wondering how to fold towels? So are many others! Storing towels can be a difficult task, whether you have an abundance of space or just a tiny cupboard. Folding towels neatly and efficiently can be a challenge! Whether you have tons of towels at home, or need to store hundreds of towels in your hospital, folding is the key.
The Basic Fold
1. Find a flat surface for your towel.
2. Fold the towel in half as you usually would.
3. Fold the towel in half again. You should have a small rectangular shape.
4. Fold this shape in half to form a smaller square.
5. This shape works best for shelf with limited flat space, but higher distance between shelves for stacking.
The Tri Fold Method
This method is a great space saver, as well as looking neat on the shelf.
1. Lay the towel down on a flat surface for best results.
2. Fold the towel in half, short edge to short edge.
3. Fold in half lengthways.
4. Fold short side to short side, but only half way in.
5. Then, simply fold again.
6. You should have a narrow shape which easily fits on a small shelf space.
The Rolled Towel Method
If you like your towels to look fancy, or have a narrow space, rolled towel storage could be beneficial. If you use baskets or other storage types, rolled towels are a great option.
1. Lay the towel flat, on a surface such as a table or floor.
2. Fold one of the corners in to the centre lengthwise.
3. Then, fold the towel in half lengthwise and flip it over.
4. Roll the towel towards the pointed end, and tuck in the flap. Make sure to roll tightly.
5. Display the towels however you choose.
The Narrow Fold
This is probably the way most of us tend to fold our towels, since it can be done standing up as well as on a flat surface. This fold is a popular choice for a lack of shelf space.
1. Lay the towel on a flat and steady surface to get the best fold.
2. Fold the towel in half, making sure to fold along the length of the towel.
3. Create a new fold. Just to the halfway point of the existing fold.
4. Find the hemmed edge, then fold this edge two thirds of the way into the middle of the towel, creating a crease.
5. Fold the opposite edge over this hemmed edge, this creates the narrow appearance.
6. Put the towel with the folded edge facing outwards for a neat and tidy look.
The Deep Fold
The deep fold is the ideal choice for linen closets, as they stack easily and stay still.
1. Start with laying the towel on a flat surface.
2. Find the long sides of the towel and fold each long side into the middle, meeting one another.
3. Fold the towel in half, length ways. The towel layers should sit on top of each other.
4. Fold the short side ends of the towel towards the centre. Make sure to leave a little gap to avoid bulging, the ends should not touch each other.
5. Present the towel with the folded edge facing outwards.
Shopping for towels
With all of these handy new methods for folding towels in any spaces, it might be time to stock up on new towels for your home, business, care facility or hospital. We stock a wide range of towels for a variety of businesses and needs. We supply hospital only towels, face cloths, bath towels, cotton towels and much more. Take a quick look here.
Read more from us…