Interweave Healthcare is committed to sustainable, environmentally conscious business and manufacturing practices as part of our wider corporate social responsibilities. This means that we will aim to continually improve sustainability across all areas of our business, both in terms of the products we produce & supply, but also in our own procurement choices.
We commit to:
1. Improve sustainability throughout our business supply chain, in relation to the products we produce and supply.
2. Increase our use of products and services which have a lesser impact on the natural environment; either in their production, use or disposal (energy supply, business transport, office consumables etc.).
3. Actively increase the number of sustainable fabrics & products we offer to our clients, i.e., those which have a lesser impact on the natural environment; either in their production, use or disposal.
4. Encourage clients to take a broad and holistic approach to sustainability and help clients increase their understanding by sharing our knowledge of sustainable textiles.
5. Achieve Net Zero emissions by 2050. With a further commitment to achieve Scope 1 and 2 emissions to zero by 2030. In addition to this, we will work towards carbon offset options in partnership with our logistics providers. Read more in the Carbon Reduction Plan
6. Regularly review product packaging specifications with a view to reducing cartons sizes and ensuring optimum pallet/container filling efficiencies, decreasing fossil fuel consumption.
7. Use less plastic packaging. Where packaging is needed, we will use rotable, recycled, compostable or recyclable materials.
8. Refuse, reuse, recycle or reclaim waste generated by products or services which we procure.
9. Continue making environmental impact and life cycle analyses an important step in our product development process.
10. Work with business sustainability experts to measure, reduce and offset our carbon emissions.
11. Invest in R&D which develops environmentally sustainable fabrics, products and manufacturing methods.
12. Partner with manufacturers who are accredited, for commitment to sustainable manufacturing and environmentally sound practices.
Download our Carbon Reduction Plan
Case study: CO2 reductions in manufacturing processes
Case study: Solar panel installation